To fulfill the requirements
established by the FAA and fly an aircraft with an "N" number outside the USA, the
aircraft must be 75% owned by US citizens.
The same 75% citizenship requirement has also been established
by the US Coast Guard prior to documenting a vessel.
As an International client** (not a citizen of the US)
to protect your aircraft or yacht and meet these requirements you will need US Registration through a Delaware Company & Trust Structure.
Purchasing an aircraft or yacht is a huge
investment and requires a lot of thought. There are several
possible options available, other than deciding on the type of
aircraft yacht or cost. The legal ramifications including asset
protection must be considered.
AMG can help
register your aircraft with the FAA providing citizenship,
entitling it to operate anywhere in the world flying with the
"N" number. If you own a yacht, AMG will provide you
with the paperwork and citizenship to document the yacht with
the US Coast Guard.
An aircraft is eligible for U.S. Registration if it is not registered in another country and it is owned by:
- a U.S. citizen as defined in 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 47.2.
- a Resident Alien (foreign individual lawfully admitted for permanent U.S. residence
a U.S. governmental unit or subdivision
- a non-citizen corporation lawfully organized and doing business under the laws of the U.S. or one of the States as long as the aircraft is based and primarily used in the U.S. (60% of all flight hours must be from flights starting and ending within the U.S.)
an address for all records or flight hours must me available for inspection
- An aircraft may be registered only by and in the legal name of its owner.
We can also
provide foreign registration in several popular international
jurisdictions such as the Marshall Islands, St. Vincent and the
Grenadines, Nexus et al. if you prefer to go outside the US.
Why Incorporate in Delaware?
To protect your personal assets one should own an aircraft or yacht as a Corporation. More than 850,000 business entities have their legal home in Delaware including more than 50% of all U.S. publicly-traded companies and 63% of the Fortune 500.
The benefits of organizing and maintaining a Delaware Corporation or Delaware Limited Liability Company are as follows:
- No minimum capital is required to form a Delaware Corporation or Delaware LLC.
- Corporate records can be kept anywhere in the world.
- It is only necessary for one person to act an officer, director and/or share-holder of a corporation
or member of a Delaware Limited Liability Company.
- No formal meetings are required and
shareholders need not be U.S. citizens.
- Ownership of Delaware corporations or limited liability company is strictly
confidential and affords privacy.
- Any legal business may be conducted in Delaware.
- There is no state income tax for Delaware corporations that operate
out-of-state (Note: however, a Federal Income Tax with the
IRS must be filed annually)
- The Delaware Court of Chancery is the oldest business court in the country and uses judges instead
The state of Delaware is recognized as having a
favorable tax climate with
• No Sales tax
• No Personal property tax
• No Intangible property tax
• No Stock transfer tax
professional and confidential services to protect our clients as
permitted by law. All information is classified and will only be
released with our client’s permission or by court order.
- We offer
personal and considerate services.
- There are no
hidden costs or fees.
- We work with
clients worldwide providing them with legal and useful
information on owning, operating and registering their
aircraft or yacht.
** Please note, we can not
establish a company, accept your application, nor
open a bank account for you if you are from Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Western Balkans, Burma, Liberia, Zimbabwe or if your name appears on the OFAC list of blocked persons or companies. That list can be accessed from this
link found at List
of Specially Designated Nationals and blocked Persons
to get started or request additional
information on our Trustee Services for Aircraft Registration
for International clients. Call toll free 800.219.9359.